Click here if this page does not display properly in your browser.
The Lufkin Hamfest 2012 is ARRL sanctioned. If you are not an ARRL member or would like to renew your ARRL membership you may do so while attending Lufkin Hamfest 2012. ARRL members will be available to assist you and each new or renewed membership will qualify for one of several free ARRL publications.
NEWS! – Grand Prize drawing upgraded to ICOM IC-7200 – complements of Houston Amateur Radio Service – do not need to be present to win. Drawing at 12 noon.
NEWS – Breakfast to be provided by Golden Corral Restaurant Kevin Lawrence will be representing Golden Corral and providing a full, complementary breakfast at Hamfest location from 7AM to 9:30 AM. Donations will be appreciated.
NEWS – Auction! 5-gallon pail of Sherwin-Williams, Promar 200 Latex, eggshell texture, interior paint, tinted to color of choice. Paint will be auctioned at 11 AM in a 10-minute auction. Value: $295.
MAJOR SPONSORING VENDORS
Houston Amateur Radio Supply, Inc.; 267 Cypresswood Drive; Spring, TX. 77388; (281) 355-7373. Dave McCombs, NA5CW, is the new owner of Houston Amateur Radio Supply. Please stop by and welcome him to Lufkin Hamfest 2012.
Golden Corral Restaurant; 2401 S. 1st Street; Lufkin, TX. 75901; Kevin Lawrence will be representing Golden Corral and providing a full, complementary breakfast at Hamfest location from 7AM to 9:30 AM. A donations jar will be prominently displayed. All donations go to club activities. Please welcome Kevin and thank him for a great breakfast.
When: Saturday, October 20, 2012. Doors open at 8 a.m.
Where: Lufkin First Church of the Nazarene – 1604 S. Medford Drive – Lufkin, TX 75901. Click here for map and directions.
Hamfest Set-up: Friday evening, October 19, from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. tables and chairs will be set up for the event. Indoor vendors are welcome to set up on Friday starting at 5 p.m. Indoor vendors and tailgaters may also set up starting at 6 a.m. on Saturday, October 20.
Indoor Vendors: If available one (1) table will be provided FREE for each vendor or group. Additional tables are offered for $5 each. Vendor goods may also be displayed in “open” boxes under vendor tables. Open floor areas may not be used for display of any vendor goods. Limited electricity and wireless Internet can be made available upon request.
Reserving vendor tables is suggested, but not required. Tables not reserved will be available on a first-come-first-served basis starting at 6 a.m. on the morning of Hamfest. To guarantee tables, advanced payment by personal check for $5 per table is required and payment must be received no later than October 18. If only one table is reserved, your check will be returned upon your arrival. No table refunds will be made for “no shows”. Reserved tables will be held until 9 a.m. After 9 a.m. reserved tables not claimed will become available for others to use.
GRAND PRIZE is an Icom IC 7200 HF/50MHz Transceiver provided by Houston Amateur Radio Supply, Inc. Other prizes may include shopping gift certificates and/or merchandise provided by local merchants. Owners of prize winning tickets must be present to win excepting the GRAND PRIZE. Only one ticket will be drawn for the GRAND PRIZE. If the winner is not present the GRAND PRIZE will be mailed to the winner.
Prize Tickets: May be purchased at the door for $1 each, or six (6) for $5. All tickets drawn for door prizes will be returned to the “Barrel” before drawing for the GRAND PRIZE.
- ARRL membership drive.
- What’s FREE?
- Admission (DONATIONS will be graciously accepted.)
- Tailgating – an area will be marked off only for tailgaters in the south parking lot. PLEASE do not park in this area if you are not selling/swapping items from your vehicle. You may set up a table(s) at your vehicle if you provide your own. PLEASE DO NOT sell food or drinks.
- One indoor Vendor table (note conditions listed above)
- RV overnight parking for self-contained RV’s is available only for Friday night,October 19. No sewer, water or electrical hookups will be available. RV parking is limited and should be requested in advance. To check on parking availability or to request a reservation, please call 936-897-2716 and ask for Jerry. If Jerry is not available, please call back. DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE.
- VE Testing for all levels of Amateur Radio licensing will be provided by the Nacogdoches Amateur Radio Club VE Testing Team. Testing starts at 9 a.m. and no appointment is necessary. All applicants must present two forms of ID, one of which must be a picture ID (current drivers license is ideal). If you are testing for the Technician class your Social Security Number will be required. If testing for the General class or higher you must provide a copy of your current license which will not be returned. Testing fee is $15 and exact change is always appreciated. Personal checks, debit cards and credit cards cannot be accepted.
Contact Information: For general questions, or to verify table reservation of vendor tables, please send an email to: Jerry, K5JLW, ac5zj at cs.com. Please make sure to include “RE Lufkin Hamfest” in the subject line.
Mail all written correspondence or checks for indoor table reservations to: